We're in a Pickle





Don't worry, if you are looking at this picture, and thinking this is going to be a sad post...nope. This is my mom and I. We just got done with canning 24 jars of pickles and peppers courteous of the garden I planted with Z at the beginning of spring. We just playing off of the words 'in a pickle' the whole time while we were canning, and this is just our theme picture to go with it. I think it is funny.




It was so fun today spending time with my mom. Z was away for master classes. It has been a while since we have done something just the two of us. I have always wanted to try canning (as did my mom) so we learned together.


As we were canning and going through the process, I just find it so neat that here we can be so productive and make homemade things from out of the garden. This was the first year of Z and I having a garden because we have not had a house before, and it is the best! There is something so therapeutic and enjoyable about being outside in God's creation, and then making yummy goodies like pickles! I am even more excited about being able to try these yummy goodies, and giving some away. I love homemade things and gifts. I love it even as I am sitting writing this blog, I can here the lids of the jars snapping as they are cooling and being sealed. So fun!


Anyways, I could go on and on about random fun thoughts about pickling and gardens. Here are some photos of our adventures and goodies we made:




1 comment:

  1. I'm super impressed! How fun that you were able to can so many goodies from your garden!

    ReplyDelete