Double Blessing

Ok, you are probably looking at this blog and just don't understand why I am making all these postings today. Well, life has been crazy busy and I am finally taking the time to catch up while Z is working on his masters classwork. Anyways, on to why I am writing again...

Today was an extra special day. Two of our dear friends were due in February with their third child! That is right. Two of our friends WERE due. I say "were" because they both gave birth TODAY! So exciting and what a blessing. Both couples are near and dear to Z and my's heart for many reasons, but one of these births was extra special, and I shall tell you why!

T & M have been friends to us and inviting us into their family's life from the very beginning. We have the privilege to be in the same town. We have seen their now oldest son grow from a baby to a young boy of almost 5 years of age. We have seen their daughter grow into a spunky almost 3 year old. And now, we see them welcoming their third child. It has been amazing other the past five years all the memories, and tearful moments we have shared. I am so blessed to have these amazing friends and role models in my life, in our life as a couple. I am not great with words, and I just cannot find the right ones to describe these amazing friends!

And so, four months ago, today, we lost a Sam that we loved so dearly and cherished so dearly... words cannot even describe. But now, today... four months later to date... a new Sam has been brought into this world. Samuel is used in the name of our friends little one. I won't say the full name to honor the family's privacy, but how amazing. What a blessing!

My prayer for this "little Sam" is that he may live and strive to be like my brother-in-law Sam was. May his life be not only God honoring, but growing in God and recognizing God in all he does. May his little light shine for the ultimate love of the lord... just like Sam.

This little guy is such a blessing to our friends family, but may our friends now that they are blessing as well and this baby is blessed to have them as parents. Congrats!

(I am hoping to post a picture when we meet the little guy. I was sent some over email, but I just want to respect privacy and post when I have permission.)

No comments:

Post a Comment