Recently I found out that one of my longtime friends has got
engaged. I am so happy for her. She is a great person. I have not met the new
man in her life because of living in distance, but I can just hear the
excitement in her voice. I know that he has brought out a side of her that I
always knew was in there. Just hearing the engagement story and hearing her
emotions and thoughts was great. I just loved hearing her talk and hear a side
of her that I always knew was there, but to actually HEAR her say it… amazing.
When I heard the news of Jenn’s engagement it made me
reflect and remember when Z and I were at that point as we got engaged this
time of year. Just how every kiss, look, or words were warm fuzzy triggers. How
we just looked at each other and were on cloud 9. The planning and anticipation
of marriage and the future just made us thrilled! We were so excited to see
what God had in store for us and the journey ahead.
There are some days I miss those googly eyed looks and warm
fuzzies, but I realize my husband and I have a different kind of love now. Even
though we are only in two years of marriage, we have experienced a few things
that have brought us together. We have had conversations that I never thought
we would have. We have experienced loss in a way that I wish no one would have
to experience. We also have laughed harder at ourselves than I ever would have
imagined.
Even though sometimes have been hard, and I did not think we
would ever be there… it is perfect. It is our story. It is our love. It is so easy to see some couples and play
the “I wish” game or compare, but you know what… I am completely happy and more
in love with my husband now than ever. I used to hear people say that. I did not get it, but only being married two
years and growing in the couple we are now… I cannot imagine what the next twenty
will be. The picture of our life I had two years ago is completely different,
but utterly perfect to me. It is what God had and has in store for us as a
couple. I anticipate the future!
engaged. I am so happy for her. She is a great person. I have not met the new
man in her life because of living in distance, but I can just hear the
excitement in her voice. I know that he has brought out a side of her that I
always knew was in there. Just hearing the engagement story and hearing her
emotions and thoughts was great. I just loved hearing her talk and hear a side
of her that I always knew was there, but to actually HEAR her say it… amazing.
When I heard the news of Jenn’s engagement it made me
reflect and remember when Z and I were at that point as we got engaged this
time of year. Just how every kiss, look, or words were warm fuzzy triggers. How
we just looked at each other and were on cloud 9. The planning and anticipation
of marriage and the future just made us thrilled! We were so excited to see
what God had in store for us and the journey ahead.
There are some days I miss those googly eyed looks and warm
fuzzies, but I realize my husband and I have a different kind of love now. Even
though we are only in two years of marriage, we have experienced a few things
that have brought us together. We have had conversations that I never thought
we would have. We have experienced loss in a way that I wish no one would have
to experience. We also have laughed harder at ourselves than I ever would have
imagined.
Even though sometimes have been hard, and I did not think we
would ever be there… it is perfect. It is our story. It is our love. It is so easy to see some couples and play
the “I wish” game or compare, but you know what… I am completely happy and more
in love with my husband now than ever. I used to hear people say that. I did not get it, but only being married two
years and growing in the couple we are now… I cannot imagine what the next twenty
will be. The picture of our life I had two years ago is completely different,
but utterly perfect to me. It is what God had and has in store for us as a
couple. I anticipate the future!

Engagement Photo 2008- z&E
No comments:
Post a Comment