I think that I have been pretty mellow through this whole pregnancy because I have not wanted to enjoy it so much just for something to happen again. I know I shouldn't live in fear of the "what ifs," but is so hard not too when you have experienced a few losses.
After my doctor's appointment, I got anxious and realized this whole baby thing is a reality, and it will be here before we know it. As the doctor completed his exam, he said not to travel as he could feel the baby's head and things were starting to progress. WHAT?!? I could not believe it. I have been blessed, I think, with an easy pregnancy (my husband might think otherwise) that this whole thing just has not felt real, but I guess it is! As soon as I got home from my appointment, I shared with Z and the crib that was still in the box... yep, it went up last night as both are anticipating our daughter's arrival.
I am praying for health and safety for this baby and myself. Selfishly I do not want anything to happen, I do not want complications or hardship as I think we have been through enough. At the same time I declare victory in Jesus and whether it is a smooth or rough delivery, whether it is a healthy baby or there are complications.... this is our gift from God. This is the journey he has us on, and I know we can do anything through him!
I think I need to make some cookies to celebrate this occasion soon.... this baker has not put an apron on for a while...hmmm....

Oh Erin, I couldn't relate more. I know exactly how you feel. I had a hard time even going in Irene's room before she was born, out of fear that we would never use it. I get it! Your sweet baby girl will be here, safe and sound before you know it! So excited for you two!!
ReplyDelete