This past weekend was Memorial Day weekend. The Minnesota weather was picture perfect (for once... I know!). It was a great weekend of family and friends. I am so thankful for the family I have, the different journeys we have shared, and the meanings they have in my life. There is so much beauty in everyone! Everyone has different qualities, characteristics, and personalities that are unique. Sometimes they want to make you cringe with jealousy, but at the same time stare at them akwardly in awe of God's work!
At one point, I found myself listening the circle of women of family and friends talking about pregnancy. This is usually a conversation that I dread listening to. It is nothing against the women, but those of you who are reading this, and are in the same situation as myself; you know what I am talking about. It is tough being a newlywed wanting children someday, but knowing now is not the time. Although you wish it was time because everyone else seems to think it is time!!
This conversation was different. Usually the details and topics make my stomach ache, but I found myself smiling at the thought of new life. How exciting to think God has a plan for that little life. God has a purpose for that life. I couldn't help but think of all the excitement that a new life has to bring, especially for the soon-to-be mother. This little life is going to be brought into a world of all these amazing people. How lucky am I to share in that joy, and be a part of their lives.
I guess when I find myself in women's circle once again this "ahhh haa" moment will be remembered. Who knows...I probably be one of those talkative women when our little one is on the way... someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment