Happy Anniversary



Z and I have celebrated one year of marriage this week. What a year! It has been a year of celebration, tears, adjustments, and well... more adjustments! I never knew that marriage was so much work.
Z is my Prince Charming, and for the longest time I could not figure how he couldn't use his magical powers to read my mind, to know what annoyed me, what I wanted for dinner, or just know when I needed time to myself. I seriously thought that he could pick up on things like this, but of course...reality... I don't think so!
As much as I wanted him to have these special powers... SUPRISE... he did not. As much as I wish he did have these skills; there is something great about a relationship where you can let your walls down, and speak your mind freely. A relationship where no judgements are casted. A relationship where it is safe to say "no," and know that he will still have a friend the next morning.
I never was that person that spoke my mind about the little things. I still have a lot of growing to do in this area. I am a people pleaser at heart, but Z has taught me to say what is on my mind and share my opinion. So, maybe Prince Charming does have special powers... skills that help me become confident and comfortable in my own skin and in our relationship.
The first year of marriage has been a great one, and I only hope that God will allow Z and me to share many more together. I look forward to the journey that is ahead for us and all that is to come.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for 1 year of marriage! It will be fun to read your blog, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete