Z & I have bought our first home! I have been debating to post this to wait and make sure everything goes smoothly, but I just can't wait anymore! The thought of owning our own home has been a dream ever since we got married; before that even. With budgeting, planning, prayer, and searching now this dream is coming true!It is so evident that God's hand was in everything! The way this process has gone so smooth. God has blessed us with a great realtor, great mortgage company broker guy ( I don't know what he is called, but he is great!), and with such a great home! It may not be the biggest house on the block, and it may be too small is some eyes, but its ours!
I am so excited about the little things like mowing lawn, having a dog, decorating, but also about the big things. Big things like having children in the house of our own one day! I am even more excited to know that this is God's house. This house will be founded on God's love. This house will be used for God's ministry.
The whole process has been a whirlwind, and at times I laugh because I do not see myself old enough to have my own house! I have been like Peter Pan in his desire to stay young and not grow up. Now that I am here and get to experience all these "grown up" things; bring it on! I am so excited for the future that God has for Z & I!
It's beautiful, Erin! Wow! Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys taking this big step!
ReplyDeleteAnd don't worry about it being too small (even though I don't think it looks small, anyway!). One of the biggest myths in our culture is that you need the biggest house to have a happy family, when the truth is all you need is eachother and a house founded on God's love, like you said!
Woo-hoo! :)