I might be a cookie baker by night, but I am a property manager by day for an apartment complex in town. I have gotten to know many of the residents here and it has been so fun! They pay good money to live here and I try to give them the ultimate customer service because they deserve it. Some don't say a thing to me, others are regular visitors, and some are just out right complainers!

The other day I was brought these flowers from a resident that I have gotten to know very well. We started off on the wrong foot when I first came into the position. I think it was mainly because I was a "change" and "new." I finally felt appreciated and welcomed when these flowers arrived! What a great feeling. It is so nice to hear once in a while that you are doing a good job and valued.

Through this whole experience... something so little on her part; it made an impact on me. I realize that I need to let the people I love know that on a regular basis. I need to let the people that I appreciate know that on a regular basis. I also have been reading about prayer in my devotions, and I need to show appreciation to my Heavenly Father for who he is, and for blessing me with little moments of flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment